Email Us
Live Kato
Share It

Transportation and parking

Use Mankato’s city bus service. Mankato’s city bus is your destination on time. Campus bus service includes the Stomper Express and U-Zone bus routes. Also available is the Late Night Express.

Late Night Express. This bus service helps students get home safely. It costs $1 and operates in the campus area on weekends during the academic school year.

Take a cab. Check online directories or the yellow pages to find a cab service.

For more information about Mankato’s city bus call 507-625-RIDE (7433).


Be courteous. While it’s okay to park on streets, it’s neighborly to park in your driveway or garage.

Know where to park. Vehicles can be parked in the same place on the city streets for a maximum of 24 hours. Park vehicles in the correct direction on a hard surface. No parking on grass or in the yard, except when snow emergencies are declared. If living in an apartment complex, work with the landlord to ensure to follow their parking rules and regulations.

Parking permits. Keep in mind that most streets in the neighborhood around Minnesota State University, Mankato are signed for permit parking. Only two permits are issued per property. Vehicles parked without a permit will be cited.

Parking in snow emergencies. During snow emergencies, no parking is allowed on city streets. Vehicles left on the street may be ticketed and towed. To be notified about snow emergencies, sign up on Facebook or Twitter, or call 507-387-9001 (24-hour snow emergency line).

During snow emergencies, parking is also available in the following ramps: Civic Center, Mankato Place, Cherry Street and Second Street ramps.

Avoid blocking sidewalks and driveways. Blocking sidewalks and driveways is illegal. To avoid this, park vehicles four feet from driveway entrances.

Stay informed about road and street closures

Be informed about Mankato street closures due to construction and water main breaks. Follow @MktoStreets on Twitter.

Other ways to stay informed:

For more information contact staff at 311 or 507-387-8600.